This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Courtesy of Valley Music Travel

If you couldn’t make it to the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival that took place these past two weekends in Indio, CA, we have the scoop on what you missed.

Music

Radiohead headlined on Friday, April 14 and Friday, April 21; Lady Gaga slayed the stage on Saturday, April 15 and Saturday, April 22; and Kendrick Lamar performed on Sunday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23. Radiohead overcame some technical difficulties during their second week onstage, but pulled through and still delivered an electric performance of fan favorites. Lady Gaga was positively received during her time at Coachella and had the crowd going wild. Since she strayed away from her familiar pop sound, people were surprised when she debuted her new single, “The Cure”. Kendrick Lamar, who just released his new album, DAMN., closed off the two weekends and had fans going crazy with “Swimming Pools”, a throwback, and “DNA” and “HUMBLE,” two of his newer releases. Many of our other favorite artists, such as DJ Snake, Lorde and Travis Scott lent their talents during the two weekends as well, providing a variety of music for all festival-goers.

Courtesy of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival

Check out this amazing performance of “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga that’ll take you back to 2008!

Fashion

Celebrities flocked to Coachella to show off their festival fashion, including the Queen of Coachella herself, Vanessa Hudgens. Crop tops, flowy maxi skirts and booties came out along with everyone’s free spirits and every year we find ourselves looking to the internet to see which stars are sporting the best looks. The Victoria’s Secret Angels were decked out in summery white while Kylie Jenner was sported with a highlighter-yellow wig that stood out and Rihanna was looking like a queen in a crystal Gucci getup.

Courtesy of Vanessa Hudgens

Courtesy of Vanessa Hudgens

Food

Coachella offers many restaurants and food vendors providing yummy meals, treats and drinks during the festival. Every type of cuisine of imaginable was available – Indian, Mexican, bar food and so much more. Snacks, such as mini waffles on sticks and ice cream, were popular for people who were on-the-go, hopping from stage to stage.

Courtesy of Catherine van Boeckel

Courtesy of Coachella Food

Courtesy of Hallucinasian

Art

This annual festival is mainly known for its outstanding music, but it also features artwork as well. Installations are brought in and added to the desert landscape to brighten it up and excite visitors. Featured artists included Raices Cultura, who set up a spectacular giant lit-up pyramid and Chiaozza (made up of Terri Chiao and Adam Frezza), who showed off their large bulbous painted sculptures. The art gave off a ‘fantasy’ land vibe and enhanced the entire Coachella experience.

Courtesy of thedjcrux

Courtesy of anacuevax

Don’t worry if you missed Coachella this year – you still have 365 days to save up for the next one! Happy festival season!

Rachel is a senior at Drexel University majoring in Design & Merchandising. She dreams of traveling the world and loves to learn about new cultures and languages. She also aspires to be the editor-in-chief of her own fashion magazine one day. You can find her binge watching Vanderpump Rules, eating way too much mac & cheese, dancing to her favorite songs and exploring when she goes city-hopping!
Her Campus Drexel contributor.