This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Name: Jersey the Dog
Age: 4
Major: Occupational Therapy
Homestate: Woodruff, South Carolina

If you haven’t already hung out with him, meet Jersey. He’s the new top dog on campus. Jersey made his debut as Drexel’s therapy dog in September and has been a treasured (and adorable) member of the Dragon family ever since. The handsome Jersey is an adopted Carolina blend that works a few days a week in the recreation center playing with students to help them relieve stress. He promises that it’s not all play, though, being a therapy dog is hard work!

Studies have shown that pet therapy can reduce blood pressure, help with depression, and lower anxiety levels in college students. Jersey is definitely one of a kind, especially considering he is the first therapy dog in the country that is available on a college campus year-round and the first dog that has made a home for himself at any university in the Greater Philadelphia area. Drexel’s cutest, furriest, and friendliest Dragon has done us the pleasure of answering a few questions for his fans.

What’s your favorite movie?
“Up.” I love squirrels. Woof, woof.

What’s your spirit animal?
The Tasmanian Devil, I’m kind of like him. I start going in circles and knocking things over when I get excited.

What’s your favorite place to eat on campus?
Shake Shack, mostly because they have doggie treats.

What’s one thing on your bucket list?
Making tenure.

Who would play you in a movie?
Beethoven, he is my role model, or Bud from “Air Bud.” I’ve got moves on the basketball court.

What’s your dream vacation spot?
Jellystone, I want to visit Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo. I’d also love to go back home to Woodruff, South Carolina, to visit the rest of my furry Carolina blend friends

When do you work?
You can come pet me on Mondays and Thursdays at the rec center.

If you could have a superpower, what would you chose?
I’d probably say super speed so I can run circles around the younger pups at the doggy park. Or maybe be invisible to sneak into work everyday.

What’s your ideal date spot?
Definitely the doggy park!

Do you have any dating tips?
Play hard to get. But, the way to my heart is through my belly, in more ways than one! Belly rubs and dog treats are always appreciated.

Orly is a Venezuelan senior at Drexel University majoring in Public Relations and double minoring in marketing and writing. In her free time, you can find her in a coffee shop writing, color-coding her way through life or binge watching One Tree Hill for the fifth time. She manages HCD's Facebook page as well as their Twitter and hopes to make a career out of social media someday.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.