This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Daytona, Florida is a place that will forever live in my memories because it’s one of those places you can never forget, no matter hard you try. For Spring Break, my friends and I decided to go to the “World’s Most Famous Beach” for a couple of days and energize ourselves for the rest of the semester. 

I remember arriving at the DAB airport and feeling the tickle of the warm breeze. The palm trees pushed by the breeze were waving at us, welcoming us to the place where we were about to spend the next five days. 

I still remember our first day and the beach vibes. The sound of the ocean, the smell of freshly brewed coffee and the taste of the pancakes. It’s hard to forget something that so vividly imprints itself into your memory. 

The next couple of days were similar. Relaxing at the beach, listening to music, and talking to friends. However, Daytona was the break we all needed. The trip that takes you out of your daily routine for a bit, gives you all the energy and warmth you will need for the rest of your semester. 

Now when someone mentions Daytona, I feel the warmth, tranquility, and energy I felt during those five days I spent in Florida. 

Hi! I'm Ana-Elena and I'm a student at Dickinson College. I'm an Economics and Art History double major and international student from Bulgaria. 
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.