books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Top 5 Tips for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

1. Get enough sleep

By getting the proper amount of sleep each night you are more likely to get high test scores. Pulling an all-nighter is NOT the best way to study especially for finals week, because you are more than likely going to forget the information you stayed up studying all night anyways.

2. Eat

Most people will skip out meals during finals week, because they are “too busy” to eat, or “too stressed” to eat. Skipping out on meals is probably the worst thing you could do, because you are no longer giving your body the proper nutrients.

3. Do Not Overwhelm Yourself

Most people get very caught up in how many finals they have in such a short period of time. Take a break from studying every so often, this will give your brain a break, so you can be refreshed for the next time you study.

4. Make a schedule

By making a schedule of when you will study for each exam throughout the day, your stress level will decrease, and you will feel much more organized.

5. Relax

Find something you enjoy doing, this could be working out, or even just laying down across your bed. It is good to study, but it is also important to find time to relax and take a break from the books.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.