Miss Dandridge’s Classified Homecoming Survival Guide:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Blaise Dandridge

#HomecomingSZN has made it’s way back around yet again.  

Are you ready?

October is the month of warmer clothes, boots, pumpkin flavored treats, and if you’re in school, HOMECOMING.  Homecoming is recognized by many as a time for concerts, parties, football games, tailgates, friends, and just all-around fun!  This year, the Delaware State University Hornets have an exciting lineup of performers.  Performers include hot new artist, and legend in the making, Cardi B and Fabolous.  My job here is to make sure that everyone will be ready for #HomecomingSZN by giving you the rules of mastering the Homecoming slay. 

STEP ONE:

Decide.

Deciding what to attend and who to go with are the first steps to take when preparing yourself for #HomecomingSZN.  

STEP TWO:

Slay.

Take the time to figure out what you’ll be wearing to draw the attention of your campus crush or to simply slay like the #GIRLBOSS that you are. 

Since the weather is changing, it is important to pop out in your fall fashion.  For the summer babies, I understand the difficulty that you’re having departing with your summer clothes.  Summer babies, if it is not too cold outside, I say, “slay girl!” In the midst of your slay, be sure to layer up or just simply cover your feet chest, and arms while you are outdoors.  When you get inside, pop out like the #ICON that I know you are!

STEP THREE:

Plan. 

Not only do you have to plan your outfit, your whereabouts, and who you plan on going with but you have to keep time management in the back of your mind when enjoying Homecoming.  I know that you are not zipping off to class or a meeting, but arriving at a decent time to beat lines or closed doors is always better than late.  Although I am an advocate for showing up and showing out the “Fashionably Late” way, beat those two obstacles in the way to slay your experience!

STEP FOUR:

TURRRRRN UP!

“Yo Pierre! You wanna come out here???” 

Enjoy yourself love, let your hair down and live in the moment because for some its their first #HOMECOMINGSZN and for others, they can only experience the fun they once knew by attending as Alumni.  Mostly, stay conscious of your environment and be responsible in all of your actions.  Homecoming is a fun time made for everyone in the community, students, Alumni, families, and friends therefore there are more people than normal in your environment.  It is almost as if you are visiting somewhere else for the weekend.  Stay woke loves and enjoy your #HomecomingSZN. 

Love Always, 

Blaise Dandridge 

Blaise Dandridge

Are you ready?

STEP ONE:

Decide.

STEP TWO:

Slay.

STEP THREE:

Plan. 

STEP FOUR:

TURRRRRN UP!

“Yo Pierre! You wanna come out here???” 

Love Always, 

Blaise Dandridge 

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.