Dealing With Your Natural Hair on Campus

Posted -

Dealing with your natural hair on campus

Let’s face it, school can be extremely time consuming. Between studying for tests, doing homework, and trying to socialize it can be difficult trying to find time in your schedule to do your hair. So, here’s some options to make it easier on you and your hair.

1. When in doubt, go the protective style route

There’s so many options for protective styling. Everything from crochet braids, faux locs, sew-ins, to wigs. The styles are endless. This take styling right off your hands. If you do protective style, don’t forget to take care of your hair underneath.

1. Have a specific schedule

It can be difficult trying to find time to squeeze your hair in. But while you’re reading your textbook or studying for that exam you can multitask. So, twist and read at the same time.

1. Invest into cute head gear

Owning an extremely cute scarf or headwrap can be a saving grace on the days you don’t have time to do to your hair.

1. Don’t forget to share

If you’re sharing a room chances are your roommate may have some products you could borrow for when your own are running low. You guys might even be able to swap products occasionally.

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login