6 Movies You Should Not Watch If You Hate Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

If Hallmark is annoying you with colorful bright cards, packages of chocolate and countless stuff animals waiting to scream “I love you.” Valentine’s Day is only fun if you do have a valentine. When you are alone watching TV, hoping not to run into a cutesy valentine movie, here is a list to absolutely avoid.

1. Valentine’s Day

I mean the title alone should tell you to stay clear from this movie. Even though it has an amazing cast, do not let that blind you. You will be annoyed from beginning to end.

2. The Notebook

This 3 hour long movie should not even be looked at. You should already know for a fact after you watch this movie you will be filled with all times of emotions. Sad because of what happens in the end. Angry because you watched this movie. Annoyed because you angry and sad at yourself.

3. Love Jones

Even though this movie is a must watch movie. It is not a must watch movie for Valentine’s Day. Larenz Tate and Nia Long chemistry in this movie will make you go crazy because they don’t end up together till the end.

4. Love and Basketball

I honestly can say anything bad about this movie. We’ve all seen this movie about 100 times, since it’s always on BET. Since you’ve watch this so much, it will definitely be a waste of time to watch this again. Just because you see the word basketball in the title doesn’t mean you’re in the clear. You witness the two characters grow up together and that’s way too much to handle on V-Day.  (SB: Omar Epps *hearts)

5. Brown Sugar

Sanaa Lathan is in about every black romantic movie, which means she is no go for valentine’s day. This movie is a mix of hip hop, NYC, friendship and love. A mix that’s not good for your heart and liver, because you will finish that bottle of wine.

6. Titantic

SKIP IMMEDIATELY. NO QUESTIONS ASK.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.