You Know You’re a DePauw Student When: Everybody Get Your Monon.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

“Everybody get your Monon, what, everybody, everybody get your Monon.”

Monon, the week we’ve all been waiting for, is FINALLY here.  Ladies, I know we all want to be skinny, but during Monon week it’s time to soak up the calories. To all of you freshman, it’s a marathon, not a sprint, so pace yourself. This is the time of the year where each day of the week gives you an excuse to hang out, so get that work done early and enjoy yourself! Here is a list of some of this week’s main attractions:     

1.      Monon Monday: it’s an alliteration, you have to drink!
2.      Tuesday: BBQ in Bowman, nothing like an ice cold natty with a burger
3.      Wednesday: Wabash swim meet, the start to a winning week
4.      Thursday: Ring Sing,
5.      Friday: The alums return, rekindle some old flames?

And then Saturday, the ultimate tailgate. We are talking about NCAA D1 football style. Set your clocks for 7:30 am because pre game starts at 8:00 am.  But ladies, be careful not to go too hard during the week because trust me, you’ll want to have saved a lot of energy for this tailgate.  Since, let’s face it, DePauw students can at times place a little more emphasis on supporting their Greek system than DePauw athletics, this game is really special in that it is the one game almost ALL DePauw fans make it out for! Also it is the one tailgate that you HAVE to wear school colors to, though Sorority accessories are always allowed, and you will see more fans in the actual stands than you see all year. 

We senior girls are probably most excited about the return of our Old DePauw friends, or the “upperclassmen” to us.  Freshmen girls, you should be excited about this too because there are definitely some cuties!  Also, a lot of alumni come back for this game so if you are looking to find connections in the job world it’s a great opportunity.  These two things combined make for all the more reason to look very cute at the tailgate; don’t be sloppy!  Last but definitely not least, everyone have an awesome time this week!! It really is one of the most fun weeks of the whole year.  Hope to see you there!

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.