Why Rompers and Dresses for Summer?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Do you want an effortless, quick but cute look for these upcoming summer days?  Well the solution is easy.  Instead of spending hours in your closet trying to find the perfect outfit, throw on a romper or dress for the summer season.  Rompers and dresses are an easy way to look completely put together without the headache.  Rompers are constantly becoming more and more popular every year and summer dresses are a staple item that is always trendy.  Rompers and dresses can be year-round trends with the different materials, styles and lengths, but why are these items so appealing for the summer months?  They both provide an effortless look for women during the summer months.  They can be very attractive on many body types, showing off one’s best features, and they take minimal effort to put together as it is just one piece of clothing for the outfit.  Also during the hot weather, these clothing items are cooler for women.

Dresses and rompers can be dressed up or down for any occasion as well and come in many different styles and materials allowing them to be worn for many different functions. Maxi dresses especially are very versatile for the summer months.  Pairing them with a cute pair of wedges or sandals allows for versatile use.  So is there a time when a romper is better than a dress?  Since dresses are more open they can be blown up by the wind, which is bound to happen on a beach in the summer months.  Therefore a romper might be a better option if you don’t want to deal with this hassle on the beach.  Maxi dresses are also a great option for this situation since they are longer in length and have that beach feel as well.  All in all rompers and dresses are both great options for the summer creating an effortless look for any occasion, so if you’re looking for a quick but cute outfit, throw on a romper or summer dress.

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.