NYFW Street Style Guide: From the Streets to your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

It’s that time of year again. This week New York City is consumed with parties, runways and all the celebrities you could imagine. It’s New York Fashion Week people, and here are five fashions staples you need this fall inspired by the streets of NYC.

1. The Jean Skirt

This outfit is perfect for any college student looking to dress up their daily outfit. The denim skirt complements the loose buttoned shirt, making it causal, but not sloppy. This look can be very affordable and with different patterns or prints this look can be your very own.

2. The Jean Jacket

A jean jacket is something every college student should own this fall. This oversized jean jacket with customized paint is unique and on trend for this upcoming season. This look is very affordable; it’s as simple as going to Goodwill, finding a used jacket and customizing with fabric paint.

3. The Leather Jacket

A faux leather jacket is a staple for every wardrobe. Faux leather jackets are great because they are so versatile; you can dress it down by pairing it with the jacket with skinny jeans and a graphic T-shirt or even throwing the jacket over a maxi dress.

4. The Jumpsuit

A jumpsuit is a great transition piece for fall. For the next few weeks you can wear it without a jacket, but once the weather gets colder just throw on a leather jacket or trench coat, and you’re ready to brave the cold!

5. The Layered Slip Dress

Last but not least, the slip dress. Sure, you may feel like Jennifer Garner from 13 going on 30, but you will be the envy on campus. This look is very achievable for any college budget, all you need is a simple T-shirt and a slip dress (preferably a velvet slip dress).

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.