This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

It’s no secret that DePauw students are extremely busy, and for all the non-multi-taskers like myself, it can be so difficult to make time to look up music. A great way to find new music is to ask around and see what has caught other people’s ears. I’m constantly asking my friends what songs they like, and then I usually head right to the computer to look them up. We’re lucky at DePauw, too, because we have an awesome radio station operated by DPU students and even some professors, which helps our search for good tunes even easier. 

Below are a few songs that you should check out if you find yourself struggling to find a good song…they’re a sweet mix of newly and previously released songs, just to keep things interesting. 

1. Octahate By Ryan Weaver–This is the perfect song to listen to while you’re preparing for the day or singing in the shower. 
  2. Cheerleader -Felix Jaehn Remix by Omi–This song is also really great to listen to while getting ready for the day. It has a great upbeat rhythm and you can’t help but smile while you sing it!
  3. Love Me Like You Do by Daniel De Bourge–Such a pretty song that is great for when you’re trying to relax or stretch after a workout.
  4. GDFR by Flo Rida–This is a phenomenal song to workout to or to listen to while getting ready to go out with your girls! It’s definitely a great pump up song!
  5. Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony–This is another great song to listen to while working out, or getting all glammed up for a night out!
  6. 7/11 by Beyonce–C’mon now, Queen B is anytime, anywhere. 
  7. Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson–Jam out with your girls in the car to this tune. It’s impossible to resist singing at the top of your lungs to Kelly!
  8. All The Way by Time Flies–This is a great feel good song for any time of the day! I know it was released in 2008, but it’s a fun song for all the divas out there!!
  9. Southern State Of Mind by Darius Rucker–For all you southern bells
  10. I don’t Mind by Usher–This song has been hitting radio stations, Spotify, and Pandora a lot lately, and I can’t get enough of it. Usher’s voice is like butter, and singing along is a must.

I hope these songs help in the quest to listen to good music! Be sure to try searching around for different songs that put you in a good mood! Music has the power to completely turn your day around!