This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Photo Credit: Marissa Jansen

We approached Jack Peck as he sat confidently at the front desk at the tennis center, capturing the attention of every woman that walked through the center. Jack wore a gray quarter-zip sweater with baby blue colored jeans.  Dressed for success, we were more than ready to know a little more about this Campus Cutie.

HerCampus: How’s the start of the season looking?

Jack Peck: Well, this weekend was supposed to be our first game, but it was rescheduled.  So, now our first game is next week.   

HC: I see.  How has it been adjusting to the decreased number of pitchers on the baseball team?

JP: A lot of the younger guys have to step up now.  Last year, I got a lot of experience in the pitching lineup.  We all have to help each other out and invest time into the sport.  The captains have made sure everyone gets their work done in order for people to be able to step up on the team. The younger guys seem to be making some steps forward.

HC: What drew you to baseball?

JP: I have played since I was four, so I have done it practically my whole life.  I really like the team aspect.  I used to play tennis and that was more of an individual sport — that just wasn’t the same.  I enjoy the unity and experience of being on a team.

HC: What’s a biggest turn-off when it comes to women?

JP: I don’t like girls who are too clingy or needy.

HC: What is your ideal date?

JP: I would like to go to a nice dinner somewhere and then to a sports game of some sort…maybe a [Indianapolis] Colts game.

HC: What is your type of girl?

JP: I like someone who is athletic, funny and easy to hangout with.

HC: What is your dream celebrity?

JP: Oh, Blake Lively!

HC: Who do you admire the most?

JP: I admire my grandfather because he is 82 and still working as a lawyer.  He has a very good work ethic and he has taught me that work ethic.  He has continued to be a very good example and role model in my life.

HC: Who has taught you the most with relationships?

JP: My parents have always taught me to respect women.  My sister, who is older, has taught me this too.  I have always respected women.  I would never want someone to disrespect my sister, so I, in turn, treat a woman with respect.