This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Finals week is a stressful time. Let your outfit choice not be one more added stress. This does not always mean wear sweatshirts and sweatpants to class every day. Instead, being fashionable during finals week involves following the saying “dress well to test well.” Following this quote does not necessarily mean wearing a dress or anything fancy. It simply means look presentable. This becomes very easy when sweaters and flannels are involved.

One way to look fashionable while also being comfy is by wearing a large sweater and leggings. This is one of my go-tos because of the simplicity. I like this outfit especially for finals week because of the bright gym shoes. By wearing gym shoes it makes the outfit seem appropriate for finals. Also the pink shoes add a splash of color.

Another way to look fashionable is by wearing colorful leggings. The color adds interest to the outfit, same as the bright shoes. Something like these pops of color are fun to add to a simple outfit. I paired the dark green leggings with a light grey sweater to play into the winter vibes. I like this sweater particularly because of the way the front crosses, creating some geometry. Big sweaters and fun leggings are a perfect combo for finals because you are comfy, but still chic.

Lastly, flannels are also a great choice during finals. Wearing your comfiest pair of jeans with a cute loose fitting shirt is a cute look. Adding the flannel gives it the last little push of style. Again, the gym shoes add a sense of comfort to the outfit, which is needed for late night study sessions.

Dress well to test well is a known saying that pushes people to not look exhausted for your test. I think this quote is very accurate because if you look good, you feel good and then you will hopefully do well on your test. This is why staying fashionable during finals week is important, but being comfortable is a must. The solution is to combine the two ideas for fashionable but lazy outfits. This is the key to getting through finals alive. Good luck!

Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.