Daniel Mosbarger ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie Daniel Mosbarger, is one busy man. Between presiding over the Phi Kappa Psi brotherhood, reliving the glory days through intramurals and taking a full course load as a Management Fellow, it’s a miracle he found time to talk to HerCampus! We sat down with Mr. Mosbarger and asked him a few personal questions and after reading his interview- there’s a strong chance you’ll be visiting Phi Psi more often.

HerCampus: So Daniel, tell our readers a little bit about you.

Campus Cutie: I am a junior here at Depauw University from Lake Bluff, IL, a small town on the north side of Chicago.  I’m majoring in Economics with minors in Environmental Geoscience and Spanish.  I am Phi Psi on campus as well as tour guide. I also go to Cloverdale once a week to see my “little brother” Willy through the Big Brothers Big Sisters program.

HC: Wow! Sounds like you’re really involved on campus. We have to ask- what’s it like being the president of Phi Kappa Psi?

CC: It’s been a great experience to be a leader for such a large group of people. I have definitely learned a lot about being a leader and myself through it.  Although it’s a lot of responsibility, I am happy I decided to pursue the opportunity.

HC: That sounds like a stressful but incredibly rewarding position. So what do you do for fun on campus?

CC: It is! But for fun on DePauw’s beautiful campus, I try to take advantage of the Nature Park. I’ll go out there for a run or simply to catch fireflies. Also, I try to get involved in as many different intramurals as possible.

HC: Wow, your firefly catching skills must be pretty impressive. What is your absolute favorite thing about DPU in the fall?

CC: Thank you, I practice a lot. My favorite thing about DPU in the fall is Pumpkin Spice everything and when the leaves change color in the Nature Park.

HC: I understand the obsession with Pumpkin Spice; it’s a great fall flavor. Now time to get a little more personal- what’s a fun fact about you that no one knows?

CC: I don’t think anyone realizes that the most romantic experience of my life was ice-skating in the middle Paris with Pat Felke and Tommy Briere

HC: Interesting. I’m sure that was a memorable moment! If you had to pick the ultimate pump up song, what would it be and why?

CC: T-Swift’s “Shake It Off” for sure. I can’t really explain why but that song gets the party started.HC: I would have to agree with you on that one. What’s your all time favorite movie?

CC: This is pretty basic but I’m going to have to go with Shawshank Redemption.

HC: I have actually never seen that movie as sad as that is. I guess I’ll have to find time to watch that sometime in the near future. Who is your celebrity crush and why?

CC: I was a pretty huge Miley Cyrus fan before things took a turn for the worst. But I still have hope for her.

HC: I would have to agree with you on that, but I think she can return to her old ways.  Now Daniel, I know our readers are dying to know- are you single or taken?

CC:  Taken. Seriously Tinder works people.

HC: Where would you take this mysterious Tinder girlfriend in Greencastle for your ideal date?

CC:  I would have to say a relaxing and leisurely Fairway breakfast at 1 pm on a Sunday morning.

HC: Sounds delicious! Well thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to talk to our readers.

Hi I'm Colleen Whiting! Current sophomore at DePauw University, majoring in Political Science. I'm a lover of late night Marvins, football games, nature park walks, and instagrammed pictures of East College. I love HerCampus and writing about things that DePauw students (mainly girls) can relate too.
Rose Overbey

DePauw '20