Brian Heck ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Brian Heck arrived to meet for our interview straight from class, looking laid back in his Wisconsin “Jump Around” shirt paired with sand-colored corduroys.  This week’s Campus Cutie was looking forward to seeing what our interview had in store for him. Down-to-earth and always up for a good time, Brian is a Cutie you don’t want to miss!

Fast facts:

Name: Brian Heck

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Glencoe, IL

Greek Affiliation: Phi Kappa Psi fraternity

Relationship status: single

HerCampus: What are you involved with on campus?

Brian Heck: I’m a part of the DePauw men’s golf team, and I’m in a fraternity.  But I’m looking to get more involved, that’s what’s most important.  Some form of community service— I know people that tutor little kids and they like it a lot. And I would also like to be a waiter at a sorority.

HC: How’s the golf team looking this season?

BH: The golf season’s going well, the new freshmen are all good guys.  I think our team is improving a lot, and I’m hopeful our hard work will pay off this upcoming spring.

HC: If someone were looking for you on campus, where could they find you?

BH:  They could probably find me in Julian doing homework, hanging out with my friends in Phi Psi, or golfing on my own or with the team.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment at DePauw?

BH: Easily the first time I was in Julian as a freshman– I set off the fire alarm.  But the thing is I didn’t go find someone, I just fled from the scene.  My face was redder than my shirt.

HC: What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

BH: I see myself going to business school, ideally working for a few years beforehand.  I would be in Chicago if I had the choice.

HC: Describe your ideal girl:

BH: (Laughs) Oh wow—intelligent, tall (because I’m awkwardly tall), outgoing… funny, and has a good smile.

HC: If you had to plan a date in Greencastle, what would you do?

BH: I think we would go to Monical’s because they have an outstanding supreme pizza.  And the setting and mood lighting are on point.

HC: And now for a few rapid-fire questions.  What’s your favorite movie?

BH: Caddy shack, because it’s just so funny.

HC: Favorite food from Marvin’s:

BH: Jalapeno poppers.

HC: What’s playing on your iPod right now?

BH: Local Natives, Phoenix, and a little bit of the new Drake album.

HC: Little 5 or Monon?  Why?

BH: Monon. Because I’m super dedicated to DePauw football and it’s a good time.  The whole school gets together and cheers for the good guys.  Rawr—go Tigers!

HC: And for our last question for our readers– What’s something most people don’t know about you?

BH: I’m fairly artistic– I’m pretty good at drawing.  I also have underrated freestyle skills.

HC: Thank you for your time, Brian!

BH: No problem!

Rose Overbey

DePauw '20