Julia Szukala ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Julia Szukala is the musical director of DePaul Women’s a Capella (DWaC), a group she’s been a part of since Winter Quarter 2013. She solidifies their set list and prepares songs, so any time you see DWaC perform a new number, Julia is usually behind teaching it!

Major: Business Management for Human Resources

Minor: Marketing

Hometown: Wheaton, IL

Besides DWaC, what else are you involved in at DePaul?: I am a member of Chi Omega in which I serve on the Philanthropy Committee and helped plan part of recruitment. I also work as a Chicago Quarter Mentor for the Discover class Business of Helping: Non-Profits in Chicago. Additionally, I am a member of an AmeriCorps program which is a service initiative that benefits veterans, their families, and caregivers. 

What is the coolest thing you’ve done with DWaC?: Last year DWaC was invited to perform at the White House for the Holiday Tours. This was an amazing experience! We got the chance to view and tour the White House, sing for guests, and warm-up in the same room used by legendary artists in the past such as Aretha Franklin, Paul McCartney, and Stevie Wonder. The road trip was also quite the bonding experience!

What is your favorite spot around the Lincoln Park campus: My apartment

What do you hope to do after college?: What do you hope to do after college? I would like to work in human resources hopefully specializing in early talent development, which would include working on programs such as recruiting, internship programs, new hiring initiatives, and new hire training. 

We hope you enjoyed meeting Julia! She’s very involved, so you’re bound to see her smiling face around campus. Be sure to say hi to her the next time you see DWaC perform!

Tori Meschino is a lot of things with a lot of majors. She's a macaroni and cheese lover, a sorority woman, obsessed with Michael J. Fox, a binge-watcher, an editor-in-chief, the HerCDM president, a woman in tech, and a writer. She majors in Interactive and Social Media and Media and Cinema Studies, and minors in General Psychology (and a minor in Never Graduating). So basically she's everywhere. Oh, and she's one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus DePaul!