8 Summer Festival Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Whether you’re going to Lollapalooza (that is, if you managed to score the coveted, sold out three-day passes), camping it out at Bonnaroo, or attending some local outdoor concerts like Summerfest, you’ll need a few things to beat the summer heat while enjoying yourself at any of these summer festivities. Here are the must-haves that will keep you fashionable during the festival season:

1. Floppy hat– Protect yourself from the sun with a cute floppy hat, the perfect way to look cute while shading yourself from some harmful rays.

2. Wellies– If any of you attended Lollapalooza last year then you know why this essential is on the list. Rain boots are good to have on hand when that unpredictable Chicago weather occurs.

3. Colorful crossbody– Keep all your essentials together in this bright and fun shoulder-free bag.

4. Fun shades– Show off your stylish sunnies to all your friends. Ray-Ban aviators are always a good option.

5. Bikini– Having a swimsuit on hand for music festivals is always a good idea, whether you wear it under your clothes or throw it in your crossbody.

6. H2O– Stay hydrated in style with a reusable water bottle like the Camelback or another eco-friendly alternative.

7. Waterproof makeup– Prevent sweating all your makeup off in seconds with your favorite waterproof cosmetics.

8. Portable phone charger– To keep up with your social media and call/text/Snapchat all your friends, bring a portable phone charger. Being outdoors, you will have no access to outlets of any sort.

Sophomore at DePaul University. Delta Gamma sister. Pinterest addict. The list goes on and on...
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.