10 Feelings DePaul Has During Winter Quarter According to the Kids of Stranger Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Let’s face it: winter break is over, classes are finally picking up, the weather in Chicago is at its freezingly oppressive state, and we’re all pretty much done with the quarter. Stock up on ramen because you know you won’t wanna walk three blocks to the Stu at 5 pm just for a semi-decent meal when it’s already pitch black.

This time is for Netflix binging and postponing those New Year’s resolutions until it gets tolerable enough to actually go outside and do stuff. Stranger Things, one of the most binged and watched Netflix series, completely sums up DePaul’s rather mixed feelings about this time of the school year.

1. When you have to stock up on ETC. food because everyone buys what you want

You know the next day that orange Gatorade won’t be there the next day.

2. We use Public Safety escorts as Ubers from class to the dorms

It’s not like we have to tell them why we need a ride, amirite?

3. We’re living off of ramen and ETC. because it’s too damn cold

We just keep telling ourselves that!

4. Everyone is sick and we hate it

Time to stock up on Lysol and Emergen-C please.

5. You run to the SAC for class with a sweatshirt on because it’s so close.

You can make it right? No need to bring your ski jacket.

6. No way you’re waiting for a train

Guess you’ll make it to your loop class another day…

7. Everyone’s broke and asking their friends for meal money

“Don’t worry, I’ll just use my meal plan for you,” said everyone who regretted it later and never got paid.

8. You try to make it all better by thinking of spring break

We’re anticipating these long 10 days since our six weeks off in December.

9. The Bean is a priority every morning

Is it Chai Thursday yet?

10. All you wanna do is cuddle up and watch Netflix

No need for socializing or studying when you got all the shows to binge watch at your fingertips.

SaveSave

Natalie is currently a junior studying Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Spanish and Event Planning. She is an avid beauty, interiors, and lifestyle enthusiast. When she's not doing yoga or obsessing over her golden retriever pup, you'll find her writing in the SAC, library, at the Stu, and basically, anywhere she can get good wifi connection at DePaul.