Zane Osler Presents: Restricted Access

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Zane Osler Presents:

Restricted Access

Remember our Campus Celebrity from a couple of years ago? The skilled, Italian-speaking, photographer from Chicago? Well he’s back. Zane Osler has put time and dedication into his most recent project, Restricted Access: a no boundaries display of Zane’s photography.

Zane and his two collaborators, 4strs and Blvncos, decided that they would wander around the city, searching for restricted areas such as abandoned buildings, and architecture that just visually appealed to them, but were hands off to the public. Zane says, “These spaces are fascinating because architecturally, they are designed for humans to operate within them, yet one is likely to get arrested for being in them.” Zane with 4strs and Blvncos made sure that the places they wanted to use had lobbies without security guards, easily accessible fire escapes, or were under construction so they would have a quick escape, if necessary.  

“Growing up with two parents who are architects, I was left with immense architectural knowledge, so I made sure that the plans of our ascension would be as quick and discrete as possible,” says Zane.

After several attempts, Zane and his collaborators were successful in taking pictures in 6 skyscrapers in Chicago, “without any injury or legal consequence,” he says. Zane came back to campus with 70 images to choose from. With the help of his roommate and exhibition manager, Logan Floyd, he narrowed his exhibit down to 10 images that really stood out to him.

When: Premiering, Friday, February 20th 8-10 p.m. The show will be on display until February 27th.

Where: Bryant Arts Center

What is it: A collection of photos taken by Zane from places no one is allowed to be. Zane did a little bite of trespassing, climbing and all in all being very under the radar in order to get these photos.

Why you should go: The talented photographer will be there himself to explain some of his photos and guide his audience through the process of his creative presentation. Not to mention, an open bar for those who are 21 and over.

Consider yourself lucky to get an inside look at Zane’s exclusive photography. You won’t want to miss this!

Ellie is a member of the class of 2016 at Denison University.  She is an English major with an emphasis on Creative Writing and a Psychology minor.  From a suburb of Detroit called Beverly Hills, Ellie loves coffee, chocolate, J.Crew, and spends too much time on Buzzfeed.  Along with writing for Her Campus, Ellie is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity at Denison. When she's not writing for class or Her Campus, you can find her re-watching The Hills episodes.