Lascelles Elijah Lagares ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Name: Lascelles Elijah Lagares

Hometown: Jamaica, Queens, New York

Major: Sociology Major/Spanish Minor

What are you involved in at Denison: Baseball Team

Celebrity Crush: Meagan Good

Relationship Status: Single

What do you look for in a girl: Nice eyes, pretty smile, funny, outgoing, consistency, someone who wants me as much as I want them, understanding, someone who makes me want to be a better person, someone I can have fun with and talk to about anything

What’re you doing in 10 years: Settled down, a job that includes social work hopefully or a job with kids. I like the idea of helping out kids with their future, maybe a kid by then, definitely happy though.

If you were a superhero who would you be: Spiderman, he was always my favorite since I was a young one.

Describe yourself in one word: Friendly

Favorite quote: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.”- Reinhold Niebuhr

Hidden talents: On some days, my voice is angelic. I can do some impressions on people that I know pretty well.

Favorites–

Denison memory: My first time doing the Naked Run is easily top 3 on the list but the one that takes the cake was when I spent my whole day rocking my blue onesie to my classes and Curtis dining hall. I met many people that day and a lot of people remember me by that.

Dance move: Shmoney dance

Cereal: Raisin Bran Crunch

Song from the 90’s: Big Poppa-Notorious B.I.G

Movie: Hardball

My names Jessica and I go to Denison University! I'm an english and political science double major hoping to go to law school! Here at Denison, I play varsity soccer and am a member of Delta Gamma, along with other fun activities such as gospel choir and this magazine!
I'm a sophomore at Denison University from Boca Raton, Florida. I'm a psychology major and when I'm not studying, you can find me walking around campus trying to figure out what to do with this freezing Ohio weather, playing tennis with friends, or just looking for someone fun to talk to!