Janyce Caraballo ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Name: Janyce Caraballo

Hometown: Chicago, IL

Major: Theatre

Relationship status: Taken!!

Dream vacation

“Hmmmm… If I had to pick it would be me in London with adventurous friends who were up for doing anything! We would have lots of money to spend. Mostly spent on seeing great theater, food, and buying clothes.”

If you could date one fictional character who would it be?

A mix of Mr. Darcy and Superman.

Favorite movie or play

I’m a huge movie nut and a theatre nerd so it’s hard for me to choose!!

Favorite fashion accessory

Big fan of watches and at this time of year, beanies and scarves!

Favorite quality in a person

Sense of humor, definitely! Goofy people are my kind of people. I love when someone is super witty and/or unafraid to look dumb and when we can laugh together through any situation

If you were a mixed drink which would you be?

Something that’s strong but is also sweet and tastes good. Because I’m a thug with a sweet side J

Favorite spot on campus

The balcony of the music building down on South Quad, it’s very beautiful and peaceful

Pet peeves?

I hateeeeee repeating myself. Is that a pet peeve? I guess just people not fully listening in general gets under my skin

Dream job

Performing (acting, singing, and dancing) on stage and on film/television. I really want to open a center for kids/teenagers in the inner city of Chicago and give them professional training in the arts for free.

Three words to describe yourself

Loyal, friendly, and determined

I'm a sophomore at Denison University from Boca Raton, Florida. I'm a psychology major and when I'm not studying, you can find me walking around campus trying to figure out what to do with this freezing Ohio weather, playing tennis with friends, or just looking for someone fun to talk to!