Campus Cutie: Kirsten Elmer ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Where are you from?

Orange, Connecticut!

What year are you?

Junior.

What’s your major?

I’m majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies.

Why did you choose Denison?

I wanted to go to a small liberal arts school, and once I visited Denison, it felt so cozy that I fell in love with it.

What’s something interesting about you?

My dad was born in Canada and didn’t move to America until he married my mom, so most of my family still lives in Ontario. We still go up there a couple times a year to visit.

What’s your favorite food?

I really like breakfast food, and I could probably eat eggs every day.

What’s your idea of the perfect date?

I think it’d be fun to have a day out on the boat, have lunch, maybe fish a little—I love fishing—see some dolphins, I don’t know, some sort of fun activity.

What inspires you?

I’m inspired by passionate people and their hard work.

If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be?

I would be Mindy Kaling because she is so funny and writes for her own TV show.

Something you can’t live without?

I can’t live without my phone because it has all my music on it.

Who do you think is the hottest Celebrity?

I mean, Zac Efron probably.

What do you look for in a guy?

I look for someone who is funny and will always keep me laughing. Someone I can get lost in a conversation with.

Who’s your favorite artist?

In high school I loved Demi Lovato, but now I kind of just listen to whatever comes up on Spotify. Right now, I’m really into Halsey’s new album.

What did you do this summer?

Over the summer, I interned for author Michael J. Rosen. I helped him execute a PR campaign for his newest children’s book, The Tale of Rescue. I also helped him research and pitch some new book ideas for his publisher. It was a lot of work, but he had two dogs and a bunch of cats that I always got to play with.

Describe your perfect day.

Waking up after a good night’s sleep, I’d go out for brunch, come home and relax a little while watching Dexter with my roomies. I’d basically just hang out with friends and then end the night with a big outdoor party or concert.

Your favorite cartoon as a child.

I loved Danny Phantom when I was in elementary school. I’ve probably seen every episode. During my sophomore year, my roommate and I even dressed up as him for Halloween.

I am an English Creative Writing and Communication double major from Calcutta, India. And i think the most important thing to know about me is that, I LOVE chocolate! When I'm not working, you can find me walking around campus shivering in this freezing weather, taking pictures, swimming, working out, or just having a conversation with random people!
I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.