Campus Celebrity: Piper Edie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

This weeks Campus Celebrity, Piper Edie from Scio Ohio, is an environmental science major, a Theta and plays on the Denison Women’s basketball team.

Piper may be one small girl but she’s a girl with a huge heart, contagious laugh and a fun and outgoing personality. As mentioned above, she is apart of Greek Life and Varsity Athletics at Denison. She also commits her time to community service by volunteering at the Columbus Marathon and at local Churches in Granville. Is she not perfect?! Too bad she taken fellas!

In a recent interview, Piper lets us in on a little Q&A.

Q: What are some of your favorite things?

A: “Uhmm, well my favorite color is dark green! I loooove Christmas, it’s my favorite holiday just because I like     getting into the Christmas spirit. Going ice skating, drinking hot cocoa, watching Christmas movies, spending time with my family, the snow! Ahhh! I just love Christmas! My favorite movie of all time is Bridesmaids. It is sooo funny and Melissa McCarthy hilarious! The part in the whole movie is when they are trying on dresses and they all get food poisoning.”

Q: What was one of your most embarrassing moments at Denison?

A: “Oh my gosh. Hahaha. One day I was talking to someone and I just wasn’t paying attention and ran into one of the poles outside of Herrick. It was pretty embarrassing, haha.”

Q: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

A: “I’m a pretty chill and easy-going person so going to dinner and a movie would be perfect.”

Q: What qualities do you like in a guy?

A: “I like tall boys! I’m pretty short so if I went for a guy any shorter than me he’d probably be like 10 years old. I like guys with a good sense of humor, if you can make me laugh then game over! And obviously he has to be handsome!”

Q: Do you have a dream vacation?

A: “I’ve always wanted to go to Greece and visit the museums, go wine tasting, eat good food, go to the beach and all that fun stuff. It’s just so pretty there!”

Q: What can’t you live without?

A: Oh jeez! I cannot live without my phone. It’s my baby!”

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: “Well I like working out even when I’m not in season, hanging out with my friends, going shopping and I like drawing.”

Q: If I were to look at your iPod what song would be playing?

A: “I listen to everything but most likely a song by Sam Hunt! Love him!”

Q: Who is someone that you look up to?

A: “That’s easy! My mother! I love my mom, she’s just such a strong woman and she’s always there for me.”

Q: Why did you choose Denison?

A: “Well I got recruited to play basketball and my mom played for Coach Lee so there’s that. But everyone was just so nice when I visited and the campus is beautiful. Denison just felt right.”

Niyah is from Kansas City, Missouri and majors in Communication, minors in Women's studies. She plans to pursue a career in the Communication Media and Journalism field. Niyah is on the Women's Varsity basketball team at Denison and is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She is passionate about fashion and fitness and her hobbies include working out, writing for HerCampus, volunteering and reading good books!
Ellie is a member of the class of 2016 at Denison University.  She is an English major with an emphasis on Creative Writing and a Psychology minor.  From a suburb of Detroit called Beverly Hills, Ellie loves coffee, chocolate, J.Crew, and spends too much time on Buzzfeed.  Along with writing for Her Campus, Ellie is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity at Denison. When she's not writing for class or Her Campus, you can find her re-watching The Hills episodes.