Andrew Baird — Football Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
Name:
Andrew Baird
Hometown:

Shelby, Ohio

Major:

Biology/Pre-med 

Activities:

Member of the Football Team, Vice-President of DSAAC (Denison Student Athletic Advisory Council)

What position do you play?

Free Safety

Do you have any pregame rituals?

Usually listen to music on bus/in locker room while getting ready, and always say a prayer.

What is your favorite professional football team?

Cleveland Browns.

What is your favorite part of the football season?

Game days 

What is your least favorite part of the football season?

Practices during cold weather 

Why did you decide to play football at Denison?

I think that watching my brother play football here, and already having a good relationship with the coaches influenced me to come to Denison and play football more.

What is the biggest thing you have gained so far in your time as a Denison football player?

The biggest thing I have gained from being a football player at Denison would probably be time management between football and school, friends, etc. 

How do you balance school and football?

I find that during football season I am more concentrated on getting my work done as soon as possible because I know some nights practice will run late or we will be staying in a hotel over the weekend for an away game.

Come out and support Andrew and the rest of the Big Red football team at their next home game September 20th against Wabash! 

I'm a sophomore at Denison University from Boca Raton, Florida. I'm a psychology major and when I'm not studying, you can find me walking around campus trying to figure out what to do with this freezing Ohio weather, playing tennis with friends, or just looking for someone fun to talk to!