The Ultimate Spooky Halloween Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

You’ve been rocking out to “Shake it Off” since the semester began, and by some otherworldly miracle– you aren’t yet sick of it! But October 31st is rapidly approaching, and your Spotify playlists could use a little spooky to spice things up. Shelve the Swift for one night, and pull out this truly frightening mix for a Halloween party playlist that’s scary good!

(All of the song titles are hyperlinked to a YouTube video of the song. Just click to give them a listen!)

1. Monster Mash — Bobby “Boris” Pickett

This is a classic staple on any Halloween playlist, and sure to get your party guests up on their feet and doin’ the mash.

2. The Addams Family — The Hit Crew

Everyone on the dance floor will be snapping and singing along to this throwback.

3. Ghostbusters — Ray Parker, Jr.

Even the scariest of playlists has got to have an 80s rock-pop ballad somewhere in there!

4. Yo, Ho! — Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack

Though not strictly Halloweeny, who doesn’t get spooked by pirates every now and then! Just grab a bottle of rum and this will be your jam for the rest of the night.

6. This is Halloween — Nightmare Before Christmas Cast

If anyone were to have questions on what Halloween is all about, just play this eerie little childhood ditty.

7. Werewolf Bar Mitzvah — Tracy Morgan, Jeff Richmond, Donald Glover (Childish Gambino)

This narrative song from 30 Rock is not only spooky, but scary too.

8. Little Drop of Poison — Tom Waits

Captain Hook hums this tune in Shrek 2, and so can you– if you dare.

9. Witch Doctor — Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.

Looking for the magic words? Look no further! (Hint: Ooh ee, ooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang)

10. Jekyll Jekyll Hyde — Alan Powers

Brain from Arthur stars in a surprisingly catchy and frightening rock-opera-rap ballad that’s sure to be a hit with your guests.

11. Schizophrenia — Jukebox The Ghost

This poppy dance tune is sung by Jukebox the Ghost. Ghosts are spooky. Suspicious, eh?

12. The Struggle — Scroobius Pip

This rock-rap tells the true story of the actor we know as Johnny Depp, who has the bloodthirsty desire to kill.

13. Spooky, Scary Skeletons — Andrew Gold

Probably the scariest tune on this entire playlist. 100% guaranteed to spook the socks off your guests.

14. Bullet With Butterfly Wings — The Smashing Pumpkins

“The world is a vampire”, opens this rockin’ song. Also, Smashing Pumpkins? Truly a Halloween classic.

15. Werewolves of London — Warren Zevon

No playlist can have enough songs about werewolves, especially those played on the 31st.

16. Time Warp — The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Close out your party with a song that is irresistible to dance to. And if your guests want more, “Let’s do the time warp again!”

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.