October Horoscopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Libra: Sept. 23 – Oct. 22

Between schoolwork and parties, you’ve had little to no time left for sleep! Up until now, you’ve accepted this as the innate affliction of a Davidson student, but Mars declares that it’s time for you to take matters into your own hands. Buy yourself a stylish planner and soon your life will be as well alligned as the stars.

Scorpio: Oct. 23 – Nov. 21

One of your subjects has given you a lot to think about lately, but it’s rare that you speak up during actual classtime. Venus, the planet of courage, is telling you it’s time to change that up. You’re a smart girl with great ideas and a lot to say. You know that, and after next class your teacher and your peers will too.

Sagittarius: Nov. 22 – Dec. 21

Your grades in one class have been slipping, and I think we all know why. Sure, that professor is undeniably good-looking, but it’s time to start focusing on the books and not the looks. Heed this warning soon, because in a matter of days, Pluto, the planet of awareness, is going to clue your teacher in on what’s going on. Check out the more conventional Campus Cuties to take your mind off matters!

Capricorn: Dec. 22 – Jan. 19

Your outfit game was truly on point this summer, but now that the seasons have changed, you’ve gotten a bit thrown off. The little dipper is coming your way to straighten things up. It’s celestial knowledge is telling you it’s time for a quick shopping spree. Stock up on autumn colors and you should be set to go!

Aquarius: Jan. 20 – Feb. 18

Romance, ace grades, hella friends: you’ve got it all girl! Your carefree spirit has done you well this school year—you’re a friend to everyone and everyone is a friend to you. But Neptune, the planet of dorm rooms, is looming with doom overhead. Quickly fix things before they go downhill by having a nice bonding meal with your amazing roommate.

Pisces: Feb. 19 – March 20

No one’s going to deny it, your Twitter and Instagram game is on fire. But do you really need to update the world on every single meal and remotely funny thing that happens in class? Cut the hashtags and posts down just a bit, and your favorites and likes will soar. Mercury, the lesser known planet of emojis, will thank you with it’s power.

Aries: March 21 – April 19

You’ve always been a sucker for theme parties, but you’re drawing up a blank when it comes to the biggest theme party of them all! Luckily, a meteor shower amidst the Draco constellation is bringing Halloween costume inspiration your way soon. By the timethe 31st rolls around, you’ll be the most stylish spook on campus.

Taurus: April 20 – May 20

Uranus, the planet of hookups, has been showing you it’s love as of late. You’ve been taking advantage of this and have has a wonderful time doing so, but be on the lookout—it’s moving out of it’s previous allignment. Oh, the hookups will still come, sure, but a little birdie called Davidson Makeouts is coming your way. Keep a wary eye out for sneaky photographers and you should be good.

Gemini: May 21 — June 20

Whether you’re going out for the night or having a relaxing Friday evening of Netflix, you’re happy. This versatility is a result of Saturn’s altered rotation, and you are loving it. Some days though, it almost seems too good to be true. Not to worry! Your endless luck is still on the up! Be prepared for truly wonderful October!

Cancer: June 21 – July 22 –sarah and aidan

Orions Belt has been a little tight lately, causing lots of stress in your life. But it’s finally moving west, leaving room for only good luck on the horizon. Fun nights with friends, swell grades, and campus cuties are all in the future. On the 31st, be prepared to have a truly killer time. October is your month, baby, seize the day!

Leo: July 23 – Aug. 22

You’ve still been feeling a little burned out after the Week of Champions, and that was ages ago! Nevertheless, the position of the Moon is making you a little stir crazy. You’re still not quite ready to jump back into the all-weekend party scene, but you want to do something besides homework with your evenings. Check out a Live Thursday to ease your way back into partying.

Virgo: Aug. 23 – Sept. 22

It’s the beginning of the month and your bank account is looking stacked. This is no coincidence—Jupiter’s position in relation to the North Star is racking up income of Virgos everywhere. But buyer beware: Don’t blow it all on online shopping and Summit smoothies as per usual, or your luck will soon run out. 

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.