Campus Cutie: Reyna Segovia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

This week I not only got to work with my lovely roommate, Ali Galdi (who did the bulk of the interviewing), but I got to get to know more about one of her teammates, the lovely and adorable Reyna Segovia.

Year: Freshman

Age: 18

Major: undecided

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Hometown: originally Caracas, Venezuela, now Miami, Florida

Relationship Status: single. “In search.”

Campus Activities: She’s a coxswain for crew (she had never done crew before but she’s five feet tall and likes being loud so figured it would be a good match), Ada Jenkins volunteer, and has regular meetings for Posse (A super impressive nationwide scholarship for students from Miami) I want to point out that those are my words because she’s far too modest to describe it that way, but I wanted to make sure y’all knew how impressive she was.

Most Embarrassing Moments at Davidson: She was reduced to tears during the flickerball finals. She mixed up the scoreboard and thought they lost when they really won. When her teammates were cheering she was confused but tried to keep her spirits high. “We won in our hearts,” she said. Someone eventually said, “No, we really won,” and clarified her scoreboard confusion. She then continued crying tears of joy.

Favorite Davidson Experience so far: Flickerball championship; orientation, which she said was overwhelming but she met so many people, and finishing crew’s hell week (which is two straight weeks of highly intense work outs at unholy hours of the morning, so major props to anyone who makes it through).

Fun Fact: She used to be a gymnast. Also her license says 5 ft tall but in reality she’s 4 ft 11 ½ in.

Dream job: Her initial response was one of the best I’ve heard. “Wait: dream job, or dream dream job.” Her dream job pediatric surgeon (talk about impressive career goals), her dream dream: Broadway singer.

Hogwarts House: The quiz told her Ravenclaw, which made her sad, because she wanted to be a Gryffindor. It’s okay Reyna, the hat puts you where you belong.

Ideal date: Take notes, people. Like she said, she’s on the prowl, so here’s your opportunity to win this cutie’s heart. She said she really loves breakfast, so a really good breakfast place. When I asked if she meant at breakfast time, she quickly responded, “for dinner. That’s it.”

Siblings: 1 older sister (21), younger brother (14), and a baby brother who’s 1 (“the one I actually miss”)

Pets: She has a fish “Mom called it Davidson…in my honor;” Incidentally she was asked to prom with that fish. After a moment’s contemplation, she added, “hope it’s not dead”

Celebrity Crush: Logan Lerman (Good choice Reyna. Good choice).

Favorite TV show: Currently, Jane the Virgin. She initially said “It’s so relatable.” But then backtracked and clarified. “Not the pregnant virgin thing. The Hispanic stuff.”

Favorite Disney movie: Finding Nemo in Spanish, but Tarzan in English.  

She’s also clearly a Monster’s Inc fan

Favorite Cereal:  Her initial response was “Uhh! There’s so many cereals in the US” but she settled on Life Cereal

If you haven’t yet met this sweet, vivacious new member of our community, I heartily recommend you do. You won’t regret it.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.