Campus Cutie: Colin Bye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

You may have seen him around campus before. Perhaps he’s taken your order at Summit, or maybe you applauded as he took a bow after his performance in last month’s What You Will. But have you ever taken the time to get to know the man behind the bar? If not, you’re in luck: Her Campus has got you covered. Without further ado, we present to you a truly one-of-a-kind guy: Colin Bye.

Name: Colin Maximilian Bye

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Major: Theatre

Zodiac sign: Pig. Libra.

Hometown: Seefeld, Austria

Relationship status: T to the A to the K-E-N

Activities: The Generals, any kind of performance at Davidson, Fiji, working at Summit, and thinking too much. I do a lot of that.

The Inside Scoop: Our sources tell us that Colin is also involved in a local Dungeons and Dragons club. You can’t hide your nerd forever, Colin!

Favorite play or musical: What You Will. No I’m kidding. Play on words. No I can’t take this seriously I’m sorry. My favorite musical is probably Wicked.

Favorite movie: Donnie Darko

Favorite show: Game of Thrones (Much like a previous Campus Cutie. Trend, much?)

Favorite Summit Smoothie: Kale Berry

Favorite book: The Hobbit

Favorite shade of blue: I don’t know the name of it, but when the sun is setting, there’s a very specific line in the sky, and along that segment, that is my favorite shade of blue.

Hogwarts house: Slytherin

Current jam: Sustain by BADBADNOTGOOD

Nickname: “Bye Bye Bye” to the tune of the Backstreet Boys song.

Dream job: Actor and social justice activist.

Weirdest thing(s) he’s eaten: Moldy tofu, shaighai stinking bean curd, dark chocolate ants, and honeyed locused.

Romantic advice: Find someone you feel normal being weird around.

What are your international experiences? I was born in the States, but I moved around a lot from Singapore to Germany to England because of my dad’s job. I went to high school in the UK near London, and my parents just moved to NYC with my little sister. My dad’s American my mom’s Austrian, and all of my family is in Austria. It’s the one place in my life that hasn’t changed.

Our sources tell us you have a bae. So who is this Sarah? She is the most important person in my life. There’s a lot of things I can say. A lot of it cheesy, because I have those tendencies. She helps me see the world through my own eyes. She helps me develop my ideas, explore my values, and genuinely try to help the world in any way that I can as humbly as I can.

Where do you want to live when you’re a grown up in the great wide world? Theres no specific place I want to live, I’d like to stay travelling, keep experiencing new things. The place I want to go the most is New Zealand.

You heard it here first: Though Colin is hanging around Davidson for now, our man has an itching to keep trekking around the globe. He may already have a bae, but he always has room for more friends. So quick, before it’s too late—Say hello to Colin Bye!

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.