This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Unfortunately, a lot of college students leave their lives as athletes behind when they graduate to pursue a college education. These are just some traits that 10 years of competitive sports will never erase… but don’t worry, you aren’t the one.

1. You still wear your old clothes instead of dressing like a real adult

Who needs to rep CWU when you know the most comfy sweatshirts are the ones from 7th grade state cup?

2. Your workout gear consists of old practice t-shirts and soccer shorts

Tip for saving money on Lululemon and Nike.

3. Some of your best friends to this day today were once your teammates

You guys have been through blood, sweat, and tears. Literally. We all remember the beep test and conditioning drills.

4. Somehow you still find turf beads on your floor 

But now you have to vacuum them up, not your mom.

5. You still cringe whenever you think about the conditioning your coach tortured you with

Those “bring running shoes” texts still haunt me to this day.

6. Even though you’re not playing competitively anymore, you’re still the most competitive person you know

Whether it’s in your intramural soccer game, a casual game of Yahtzee with the roomies, or playing beer pong at a party, the ex-athlete in you comes out every single time!

7. Those songs from your high school warm-up playlist still get you pumped up.

Eminem’s “Til I Collapse” has given “pregame shots” a whole new meaning… *cheers*

8. You can still eat like an athlete

The Freshman 15 hit you hard now that you don’t have practice 3 times a week but you’re still eating pasta on the daily…

9. You still ask yourself why Viola wore her hair down in the final game against Cornwall…

Someone get that girl a hair tie!

10. You have severe has-been status when you’re sitting in the bleachers watching your old team play

We all know you’re singing the fight song in your head and commentating the entire game!