The Thank You That Will Never Be Enough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for raising me. Thank you for paying for my singing lessons, soccer teams, trips, and most of all my education. Because of you two, I am able to follow my dream of being a social worker at one of the best programs in the best city. I don’t know how I will ever be able to thank you for providing me with an amazing life, but I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to make you proud. 

One of the most important things that you two have taught me is to follow my dreams no matter what. You both have shown me that all I need to do is believe in myself and give 100% in everything I do. You both have told me that if I do those two things, then I can’t say that I failed. Without the both of you teaching me that I am capable of anything, I would have never gone abroad on my own (even though leaving you both in the LAX airport was hard!).  

Thank you for being the best parents I could ask for. Thank you for picking me back up and making me laugh when I need cheering up. Thank you for showing me that I am always enough (except for when I am occasionally too much!) and for being my number one supporters. 

I know this (very) public thank you note will never be enough but at least it is something. So again, thank you for everything. I would not be the young woman that I am today without your love. I wouldn’t trade anything in my life because it would mean trading you two. 

Love always,

Roisin  

After living in 3 different countries including 3 different states in the USA, it is no surprise that Roisin Gibbons decided to come to the nation's capitol to pursue a career in Social Work at CUA. Whil she did run away to Australia, her love for DC and the HC family brought her back home. Now a semester away from her senior year, Roisin is a HerCampus CUA writer, Co-President of CSWNA, Active Minds Fundraising Chair, and Marketing Chair for NRHH. Along with that, her own blog and volunteer experiences, she finds time to be a fashionista, singer, adventurer, and model for GUS Vintage Goods in California over school breaks. Roisin hopes to make a difference for victims of human trafficking and alcohol and drug addiction as a Social Worker and believes that her work with communities and blogging has put her ahead of the game.