clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Goodbye to Girls I’ll Never Forget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

To the wonderful seniors,

Thank you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for accepting me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for making me believe in myself. Thank you for never treating me like I was below you. Thank you for including me. Thank you for making sure I was okay if I wasn’t.  Thank you. 

I’ll never be able to thank you for everything that you have done for me. Because some of the things, I have yet to realize. What I have realized though is that this is not an easy goodbye. I thought it would be because I spent a semester away from you but boy was I wrong. So I am going to try and write this without crying (I’ll let you know at the end if it worked). Also this is not by faves or anything, I just like doing things alphabetically. 

Cat!!!! Thank you for always making me smile when I see you. Thank you for always being able to give me advice when I need it and for noticing me when I try to hide on my bad days. Thank you for remembering things that we have talked about big and small. Thank you for impacting my life in more ways than one. I wish we had more time together on HC CUA but I am thankful that we at least got a semester. 

Jacqueline!!!! Thank you for always saying hi to me whether its at a party or across campus. Thank you for dealing with my random texts about boys, potential bad life choices, and everything else under the sun. You never make me feel like a bother and I appreciate that so much. 

Juliet!!!! Thank you for helping me show a more vulnerable side of myself. For encouraging me to be proud of myself and my past. Thank you for making me laugh with your amazing stories and showing me to never regret anything in life.

Marjan!!!! I will admit your energy scared me when I first met you. But I quickly channeled that fear to love. Thank you for teaching me to stand up for what is right. For showing me that sometimes you gotta cause a few waves in order to be heard and that my opinion will never not matter. 

Meghan!!!! Thank you for inspiring me to always be more creative. For helping step out of my comfort zone in my writing and in life. Thank you for offering to getting back at my ex-boyfriend when he made me cry. Thank you for dealing with my random thoughts and questions while you are trying to work! Thank you for being one of my first friends on HC. 

Thank you ladies for everything. I can’t imagine CUA or HC without you. But I’m about to experience it! 

Good luck with everything in life. I can’t wait to see what you all do next!!

<3 Ro

After living in 3 different countries including 3 different states in the USA, it is no surprise that Roisin Gibbons decided to come to the nation's capitol to pursue a career in Social Work at CUA. Whil she did run away to Australia, her love for DC and the HC family brought her back home. Now a semester away from her senior year, Roisin is a HerCampus CUA writer, Co-President of CSWNA, Active Minds Fundraising Chair, and Marketing Chair for NRHH. Along with that, her own blog and volunteer experiences, she finds time to be a fashionista, singer, adventurer, and model for GUS Vintage Goods in California over school breaks. Roisin hopes to make a difference for victims of human trafficking and alcohol and drug addiction as a Social Worker and believes that her work with communities and blogging has put her ahead of the game.