This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

I grew up with 2 brothers. They’re 13 months apart and then there’s I, the little sister. They’re some of my best friends and I continue to follow them around to this day. Recently, both of my brothers got engaged. My oldest will be married in September and my other brother, later that summer. They got engaged within 5 months of each other and have been dating their now fiances for the same amount of time, 6 years, and even asked their then girlfriends out at the same time. I guess if you’re 13 months apart, you’re practically a twin and seemingly must do things, almost, alike. 

It is weird to think that 6 years have gone by and now both my brothers will move on to the next phase of their lives, at the same time. I’ll never forget when we met both Katie and Ashley, (my brothers fiances). My parents and I used to go to Scranton Univesity, where my brothers went to school and played hockey. Since they both played we literally went to every game, every weekend. My mom had caught wind that my brothers were both  dating women and I was on the prowl to find out who they were. After the game had ended my mom saw the girls at a table talking to their friends, they went into the bathroom and you can bet your ass my mom followed in behind because my brother’s were hestitant at first to introduce them to the family. 

At first it was hard to accept they were dating someone. It had always been the three of us and I was kind of territorial. I wanted to be the sister that had to be won over, not really nice at first, kind of mysterious. Honestly, it was 6 years ago so I was 16 years old #dramatic. I can’t even remember the first time I met them, all I know is that I loved them from the beginning. They were both sweet and inviting as if I knew them my whole life. Now 6 years later their family is like my family and I could not imagine my life without them. To be honest, I loved growing up with brothers and never was upset about not having a sister and I guess I can say, I never knew I wanted a sister until Katie and Ashley came into my life. 

Change is hard. It was hard for me at times to adjust to my brothers having girlfriends, it won’t be hard for me to adjust to them having wives. The holidays will be hard and no one being at our home anymore. But as much as it will be hard, change is good and I am excited for the future!