Summer in Colorado? Explore Red Rocks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

With the beautiful summer weather comes summer boredom. Once you have exhausted all of your pre-made summer plans, try visiting Red Rocks, a place that has kept the locals coming back for years. This venue serves as a concert setting, a movie theatre, and a gym.

Each summer tons of people flock to Red Rocks for Film on the Rocks, where movies are shown on a huge screen at the outdoor amphitheatre. It’s always fun to grab a group of friends, pack a picnic and get a good seat for the opening acts. If you prefer concerts, Red Rocks boasts a wide array of artists. This summer Train, O.A.R. and Bassnectar are all performing.

If concerts aren’t your style, you could always use the amphitheatre to get in shape. Every morning people can be seen running the stairs, doing elevated pushups, or climbing the planters to build upper body strength.
Either way, just be sure to mix up your summer routine by visiting the local landmark at least once this summer.

Ali Chastain is a sophomore majoring in Advertising in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at CU Boulder. Even though her passion is in Advertising, Journalism has always been a close second, which is why she is stoked to be a part of Her Campus! Originally from St. Louis, MO, she calls Boulder her home away from home. She is a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is also employed at American Apparel. When she is not working or studying, she loves to run around her favorite trails in Boulder, stalk music blogs, and put her foodie-ness to the test at new restaurants.