Madison Smith, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Name: Madison SmithAge: 20Year: Sophomore   Major: Communication with a TAM minorHometown: Arvada, CO

Relationship status: Single

What is your position on campus? I am the Vice President of Membership Recruitment at Alpha Phi. 

Can you talk a bit about your position? My position is amazing! Recruitment is such a difficult time for the girls rushing, and finding the perfect house that they will fit into is really stressful. I love my position because I can be that bridge that helps our chapter to find these amazing girls. It’s also really nice when you see your hard work pay off.

What’s the best part about Alpha Phi? The best part for me would be the connections I have made and the best friends I have found. I just love the whole sisterhood thing!

What can we find you doing outside of class? I am shopping, working on Alpha Phi business or laying on my nice fuzzy rug trying to figure out what to do next! I never like to sit still.

Where is your favorite place to eat in Boulder? Illegal Pete’s, I’m obsessed with nachos!

What are your summer plans? I have an internship with a company that works with the FDA, as well as planning recruitment for Alpha Phi. I also hope I have time to visit my girlfriends in California!

Coffee or tea? I NEED coffee before I can start my day!

What’s a quote that you live by?  “Smile every minute of every day, because you never know who’s falling in love with it.”

What’s on your bucket list? To meet Kylie Jenner

Who is your biggest role model? My mom.

Dream job? A personal stylist or wedding planner.

What’s an interesting fact about yourself?  I’ve hiked through the Amazon

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.
Maddi Harris

CU Boulder

Maddi Harris is currently a Sophomore Public Relations major at the Univeristy of Colorado-Boulder. Growing up in New Jersey, her move across the country to Colorado for school has taught Maddi to appreciate the little things about her home state- mainly being the food that is made there. When she's not making use of the beautiful terrain that Colorado has to offer, she can be found decked out in black & gold supporting her fellow buffs on gamedays. In her free time she enjoys catching up on Perez Hilton's daily articles and obsessing over the different wedding dresses featured on TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress."