This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. To celebrate, the members of Her Campus Conn College wanted to share our favorite love moments from movies and television.

27 Dresses Bettina Weiss 
This is my favorite part of the movie for three reasons: first: if I were to dance on a bar, I think this is an acceptable reason to do so, second: James Marsden is adorable, and third: “walrus sounds” and “electric boobs”….enough said.

No Strings Attached Annie Husted
Although this is totally a mushy love scene, who wouldn’t love Ashton Kutcher to profess his love to you like this? Such a tear-jerker, but truly sweet and perfect for a classic movie love scene.

Love Actually Lulu Pajolek 
Though Colin Firth presents himself in a somewhat gauche manner, the love between him and Aurelia is definitely there, proving that love knows no language.

Crazy Stupid Love Leah Swinson 
For every girl who, liked me, has ever lacked social grace around a guy, this scene is a ray of hope. Even though Emma Stone makes a fool of herself, she stays true to her character, gets the guy, and gets to experience Ryan Gosling’s “big move.” Who wouldn’t want that?

Say Anything Hannah Feeney 
This has always been one of my favorite scenes and movies. It’s simultaneously so quintessentially 80’s but also totally timeless, and I love that.

Fresh Prince Danielle Cyr 
Will Smith certainly knows how to make a woman feel like she’s on top of the world. Who cares if he swoons every lovely lady he sees with his charming manner; I wouldn’t mind if he tried to get my attention! But in all seriousness, I never get tired of watching Will pick up the ladies. Simply hilarious.

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days Abigail Kulewicz 
This film is one of my favorite romantic comedies, but this is one of my favorite scenes because I think it’s really cute how he finds her in a Taxi cab. Such a New York moment.

A Walk To Remember Wren Manly 
This is one of the best scenes in the movie. Shane West plays this sort of bad boy character, but when he meets Mandy Moore’s character we see his sweet side. In this scene he asks her to marry him in the church where her parents got married, which is her number one aspiration to complete before she dies.

Garden State Alheli Garza  
We’ve all had to (at least once) end a relationship due to a location change. Whether it was at your high graduation or the end of summer camp, the moment of ‘the final goodbye’ is filled with emotions.

Paperman Animated Short Olivia Wilcox 
A cute and short animated film about falling in love. 

He’s Just Not That Into You Annie Rusk 
This is my favorite because not only is it about two people falling in love, it argues against the pessimist premise of the entire movie.

The Princess Bride Kaitlin McDonagh 
A dashing man answering to your every whim with “As you wish”? Sounds good to me! As Westley proves in this movie, not even “death [can] stop true love.”  

I am a junior and a Campus Correspondent for Connecticut College! I am majoring in American Studies and a PICA scholar. I was a High School Ambassador for HerCampus in 2010-2011 and a contibuting writer 2011-2012. I love writing, editing, and social media. This fall, I am a Student Coordinator for the Women's Center, a photographer for College Relations, and am also a member of SafetyNet. When I'm not writing, I love being outside and enjoy many many different types of music. I also enjoy shopping at the Container Store, sharpie markers, thunderstorms, onesies, Gilmore Girls, The Newsroom, New Girl, 60 Minutes, and The West Wing. 
Danielle is a sophomore at Connecticut College and is currently pursuing a double-major in International Relations and Middle Eastern Studies. Danielle began writing for the Connecticut College branch of Her Campus in the fall of 2011 and will continue to write this year as Editor and Campus Correspondent. Danielle has traveled all over the world and continues her love for other cultures and languages through her studies. Besides traveling, she loves to sing and dance - especially as a member of Miss Connduct, an all-female A capella group at Connecticut College. In general, Danielle loves sushi, goats, traveling, and Star Wars/Lord of the Rings. She is thrilled to be working with Her Campus this year!
I'm a history major here at Conn and in addition to being a writer for Her Campus,  I am also a SISTER mentor, meaning that I do fun activities with local middle school girls twice a week! This semester I am applying to PICA, a certificate program in public policy and community action, and designing a project around how after-school programs can counteract inequalities within the public education system. In addition to being socially active, I love hanging out with my friends, being silly, reading books, and drinking tea! My current obsessions include: Passion Pit, the Wombats, Downton Abbey, and pretending to be a secret agent when watching Covert Affairs.
Annie Rusk

Conn Coll

Olivia is an English and Art major. She joined Her Campus Spring 2013, and besides HerCampus, Olivia is a tour guide, on the marketing committee for the Students Activites Council and a second violinist in the Connecticut College Orchesta. She enjoys watching movies and television, reading, and tweeting.