This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

‘Tis the season to get crafty! Rather than buy your besties a gift card (too mainstream) or a few new lip glosses (too 5th-grade-slumber-party), why not give them a far more personalized, handmade holiday ornament? Perfect for a Christmas tree, a Hanukkah/Kwanzaa bush, or even for just a doorknob, an ornament is the ultimate present to wish someone well this winter season! Read on for five D.I.Y. ideas and their weblinks that have directions on how to create gifts so lovely, Martha Stewart would turn as green as the festive tree in your living room with envy!

1. Want to make an ornament that has more of a personalized touch? Well, this is it!

2. The way these tiny houses twinkle in the light is perfect for the holiday season.

3. A bunch of these silver and white snowflake ornaments can help transform a room into a winter wonderland!

4. These heart-shaped ornaments are super cute, especially if you make them with someone special.

5. If you loved the Candy Land theme of Festivus this year, then you’ll be sure to love this sprinkles-filled ornament!

Happy crafting!

Brooke loves being a bookworm and listening to bands you've probably never heard of. *smirks* She is an English major with a concentration in creative writing who aspires to either work at a fashion magazine or become a college professor for creative writing/English. Cake decorating and baking in general are her favorite things in life besides her pug dog who is her main man. One day she'll marry Holden Caulfield, and they will live happily ever after!!!!! Oh, fun fact: She has her real estate license so if you need to buy a house or apartment, she's your woman. xx
Her Campus Conn Coll