Campus Cutie: Daniel Mendelson, GS/JTS ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Daniel (Dan) Mendelson

Year: 2016

School: GS/JTS

Major: History

Hometown: Demarest, New Jersey

Relationship Status: Single

Dream job: I want two restaurants with two vibes. Like those of the Vanderpumps.

Favorite thing about NYC: The architecture

Pet Peeve: When I am on the phone and can’t hear the other person.

On-Campus Activities: French Cultural Society

Off-Campus Activities: Appletree Market…

Something you want to do before you graduate: Read an entire book during the semester that is not assigned.

Celebrity Crush: Kim Kardashian. Don’t judge, I’ve heard it all and my answer remains.

Favorite Class and Professor: British History, Susan Pedersen

Summer Plans: I’m waiting to hear back from a bunch of places. I can’t tell, because it’s bad luck.

Perfect Date: Good conversation and a kiss

If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be? Oscar Wilde or the Vilna Gaon

Favorite off-campus location: Riverside Park! Specifically with what begins as a jog, then becomes a walk, and then turns into a pensive stroll along the Hudson.

Favorite restaurants in NYC: Mamoun’s Falafel, and every 24-hour diner in the city

If you could have a super power what would it be? To fly, or invisibly

If you were stuck on a desert island, you would need… Happiness

Where you’d like to live in the future: New Jersey, with little bits of Tel Aviv

Elena is a sophomore at Columbia University majoring in English. In her free time, she writes for Her Campus and news for Spectator. She loves New York and her friends.