Weekly Wellness Tip: Take a Breath

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

After a weekend full of partying – Bacchanal anyone? – I think we all could use a moment to breathe.

It’s exhilarating to jump up and down at a concert with all your friends and indulge yourself, mostly if you’re over 21 of course, but our bodies need to come back to rest eventually. Make sure to hydrate yourself and find a comfy place in whatever space you feel most comfortable in, whether that be your bed, your suitemate’s floor, or a spot on campus. Close your eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. Do it again and calm yourself. You might feel stupid, yet it’ll feel good as you settle in. It’s all about finding yourself again, especially as the weeks get crazier in the final stretch of the semester and near graduation for all the seniors out there.

Take a moment with yourself – however that manifests for you.

Finish off the weekend strong.

Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.