Take Your Search Social with Bing!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

We all know you don’t buy a pair of shoes without asking for a friend’s opinion first, right? But what about when you’re shopping online or your best friend goes to school in another state? Bing has a solution for that!

The new Bing has incorporated the best of social media and the best of algorithmic searching to create a totally enhanced search experience. Whether it’s choosing a restaurant, deciding on a movie, or buying those pair of shoes, Bing brings in your friends and experts and enthusiasts to help you get things done.

Research has shown that 90% of people consult with a friend or expert before making a decision. Bing just wants to make it simpler for you to do that. The new three-column design filters search results so that you not only see what the web knows but also what your friends from Facebook, Twitter, Quora and LinkedIn might know. And who’s more trustworthy than the people you already know?

People are as important as pages and that’s why Bing is making search social, allowing you to search less and do more.

Come celebrate this marriage of search and social networking with Bing and Her Campus! Join us for an evening of complimentary drinks, appetizers, music, prizes, socializing, and fun seeing the new Bing in action. Check www.hercampus.com/bing in the coming weeks for event date and details. In the meantime, try out the new Bing

Mariah Craddick hails from the city of Atlanta and is currently a magazine journalism major at Columbia College of Chicago. Though she has a wide range of interests, her concentration and focus lies in fashion, art and entertainment. In addition to writing for HC, Mariah is also a contributing writer for the online lifestyle magazine GlossMagazineOnline. Upon graduation in 2013, Mariah hopes to pursue a career in magazine journalism and maybe even law school.