Save The Dates! THIS WEEK 4/1/13-4/7/13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

It’s finally Spring time and arguably the best time of the school year. In addition to the start of some beautiful weather, there are great events happening all over campus JUST THIS WEEK. Take advantage of what Colgate has to offer and hit up a lecture, a concert or a day of fun filled events and activities! P.S. most of the time, Colgate sponsored events = free food! Here’s a list of some upcoming campus events to hit up this week:

Thursday April 4th 2013

PTSD Brown Bag Sponsored by Semper Fi Society and Shaw Wellness Institute- ALANA Multipurpose Room 12:15PM-1:15PM

Professor Martinez from the Psych Department will discuss post traumatic stress disorder. Catered lunch by Royal India Grill…yum. 

Entrepreneur Weekend-Calling all future Zuckerbergs!

Friday April 5th 2013

Amy Jurkowitz- Persson Auditorium 027 12:30PM-1:30PM

Listen to Amy Jurkowitz, founder of Milkshake, discuss social entrepreneurship! 

Sheryl Sandberg- Cotterell Court  5:00PM-8:00PM 

Entrepreneur Weekend Keynote speaker Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and author of Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, will be here to talk about her book.  You even get a free copy just for attending!  Register for the lecture online at http://www.colgate.edu/eweekend or if you don’t want to leave your bed, watch the live webcast at livestream.com/colgateuniversity.

Senior Night- The Barge Canal 7:00PM

Order up some famous chicken chili and enjoy the musical performances of Colgate’s talented seniors before they leave here and become famous!

Saturday April 6th 2013

Entrepreneur Reception for Students, Alumni and Parents- HOP 4:00PM-5:30PM

Mingle and network with parents and alumni!  RSVP at http://www.colgate.edu/eweekend 

Night Market 2013- 110 Broad PAC House 10:00PM- 1:00AM

Colgate’s largest late night food buffet- NOM NOM NOM There’s free catered food from: 

22 UTICA ST. CAFE-THE BARGE CANAL-CHINA CAFE-LEANDRO’S RESTAURANT AND SPORTS BAR-MITSUBA HIBACHI STEAKHOUSE & ASIAN BISTRO-OLIVERI’S PIZZA-ROYAL INDIA GRILL

Sunday April 7th 2013 

Gate-Town Connections- Whitnall Field *Sandford Field House IF there are April Showers 4:00PM-7:00PM

BBQ, MUSIC, INFLATABLES AND PIE EATING.. what more could you ask for?

Come on down to Whitnall field for the third annual Gate-Town Connection: a day dedicated to our appreciation for the Hamilton community. End your week with a fun day of festivities! 

Elena Havas is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Colgate University. She is an English Major with an emphasis in creative writing as well as a Minor in Film and Media Studies. She began blogging for Her Campus in the Spring of 2013. She has made new initiatives to expand Her Campus across Colgate's Campus. She is a native of New York City and some of her interests include life advice, pop culture, women's rights, public policy reform and referring to herself in the third person under her alias notoriously known as "lanes".