5 Makeup Tips to Help You Look More Awake

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Stayed up too late working in the library last night? We’ve all been there. Check out our favorite makeup hacks to help you look awake and refreshed the next morning! 

1. Apply concealer in a triangular shape rather than right underneath your eyes. This will brighten up your whole face and help conceal those dark circles we get.  

2. Use a nude eyeliner in your waterline. This will help to make your eyes look larger. Some people suggest using a white eyeliner but white can sometimes look too harsh while nude is more subtle.

3. Warm up your tube of mascara before applying by heating it up with a blow-dryer or more simply by sticking in your armpit, shirt or pants pocket for a minute or two. The heat will help to thin the formula, making sure that your mascara doesn’t clump. This trick will help you achieve long, natural-looking lashes with ease.

4. Give your eyes even more pop by applying your mascara by pulling your lashes in towards your face. Rather than brushing out in the direction to the sides of your face, brush the lashes in towards your nose. This will make your lashes stand up straight, making them appear longer with less makeup required.  

5. Apply a shimmery highlighter on the inner corners of your eyes. This easy trick will make your eyes look bigger and brighter.  

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.