Back-to-School Survival Kit? Aww HC, you know us so well!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Energy drinks?  Energy bars?  Cute, transportable notebooks and gel pens?  Stylish sunglasses?  A Chipotle deal??  These are EXACTLY the things we needed to lift our spirits halfway through the first semester.  Her Campus, how did you know? 

We wanted to shout out a huge thank you to both Her Campus and to our sponsors for all the awesome swag!

HC CMU loves… Luna Bars

Hungry, but don’t have time to eat before running to class?  Don’t feel like eating campus food? 

Boost your energy with a tasty flavored snack bar from Luna!  They’re delicious, but also packed with protein to keep you going!  We were sent delicious mini s’mores bars, but there are so many varieties!  Some of my personal favorites are lemon, blueberry, and peppermint.  Mmmm.

HC CMU loves… Neuro SONIC

Reached that point in the semester where you’re awake far longer and far more often than should be humanly possible?  All-nighters dragging you down?  Boost your energy with a Neuro SONIC energy drink!  It’s a delicious way to boost your energy fast, and only has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee or a double dose of green tea.  Plus the ingredient L-theanine takes your mind off of meaningless stuff (like bad dates) and lets you focus on things that really matter (like good grades).

HC CMU loves… Poppin

If you’re living in your dorm, house, or apartment at school for eight or nine months of the year, you might as well make it your home.  Poppin has great decorations and dorm accessories to make you feel productive and stylish.  We love our mini Poppin notebooks and pens!  I absolutely LOVE my new travel-size, Poppin notebook.  It’s so much more convenient than the random sheets of paper I was writing to-do lists on before!

HC CMU loves… Chipotle

And really, who doesn’t love Chipotle?  I don’t think many would disagree with me when I say that it’s a fundamental and delicious part of college life.  (Side note: Before I ate my first Chipotle burrito, my friends called me a “Chipotle virgin” and said I needed to lose that status right away.  The ensuing burrito was delicious.)  And besides the great taste, another perk is you’re eating “Food with Integrity.”  That’s what I call a win-win.

HC CMU loves… Her Campus!

Her Campus, you know just what we need to stay happy and young!  We love Her Campus because it’s articles written for college girls, by college girls.  Thanks for all the swag, including stylish sunglasses, an adorable “Have Fun, Stay Young” tote bag, a Her Campus window decal, Her Campus clipboard, and Procrastinating Audrey sticker.  (Umm, yes we would rather have a tea party than a study party!)  Procrastinating Audrey really gets us.

Thank you Luna, Neuro SONIC, Poppin, Chipotle, and Her Campus!  We love our swag!!

HCXO,

The HC CMU team. <3

Laura Stiles is a Creative Writing, Professional Writing double major at Carnegie Mellon University who will be graduating in May 2014. In addition to being Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Carnegie Mellon chapter of HerCampus.com, she is Co-Prose Editor of The Oakland Review, Carnegie Mellon’s literary-arts journal, a manuscript reader for Carnegie Mellon University Press, and has copy-edited for Carnegie Mellon’s newspaper, The Tartan. She was also Communications and Arts Management Intern at The Hillman Center for Performing Arts in summer 2012, and is ecstatic to be studying abroad in Sheffield, England in spring 2013. In her free time, she enjoys singing along to music on long car rides, spontaneously kicking off her shoes to explore lakes and creeks, and curling up with a soft blanket and a captivating book. She was also recently pleasantly surprised to discover that she has a taste for sushi.