Snow Days Are The Best Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Snow Days Are The Best Days

This past month has proven something to the people of Clemson, South Carolina. 

Winter does exist, and it can hit our campus. Last week’s storm proved that our 

university looks beautiful in all types of weather. Clemson glistened under a blanket 

of snow, and there was something truly spectacular in these hills. If you’re still not 

convinced, here are some reasons that snow days are the best days, and no one does 

snow days better than Clemson.

Scenic Pictures

Clemson on a fall day…stunning. Clemson on game day…beautiful. Clemson on a 

snow day…gorgeous!

I didn’t think our campus could be even more picturesque, but I was wrong. 

Seeing Clemson’s iconic landmarks coated in a pure and magical layer of snow was 

special. It made me fall even more in love with this amazing university. Instagram 

and Snapchat sure got a workout last Friday night, but I don’t think either minded 

capturing the beauty that is Clemson University in the snow. 

No Class

If you think elementary school kids get excited about a little snow that means 

canceled school, you haven’t seen college students when classes get canceled. As 

soon as it started sleeting, half of my dorm was outside staring at the sky. Sure the 

workload piled up inside, but that doesn’t matter when you outside frolicking in the 

snow with your best friends. Students anxiously waited to get that campus-wide 

email on Friday that freed us from classes. Alarms were turned off, and extra hours 

of sleep were gained. It was a beautiful thing!

Lazy Days

Snow days in the south are good excuses to stay in bed, watch Netflix, and take 

copious numbers of naps. Nothing feels better than being snuggled up on a futon 

under a warm, fuzzy blanket drinking a cup of hot cocoa. It’s the perfect scene 

especially as you read a book or watch the snow fall from the perfect, Carolina sky 

outside your window.

Snowball fights and Sledding

Snow days are the perfect time to act like a five year old, and no one knows how 

to do that better than college students. As soon as enough snow accumulated, 

snowball fights commenced, and dorm rooms were searched trying to find 

something that could pass as a sled. Campus collectively rushed outside as soon as 

the snow fell. Snowmen were built, and snow angels made. Nothing could be better 

than playing in the snow under a winter sky with your Clemson family.

And lastly…DABO!

(No other words are needed <3 )

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!