Patrick Mispireta’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
Patrick Mispireta

Major: Chemical Engineering

Class of 2018

Hometown: Taka-gun Hyogo-Ken, Japan

Why Clemson: Since I went to an engineering high school freshman year, I’ve always had a desire to become an engineer. Clemson has a great engineering program. Also, I’m close enough that I can visit my family in Greenville whenever I want to. Death Valley and the atmosphere during the football season is something truly unique to Clemson.

What will you miss most about Clemson?
So many things! The amazing atmosphere that is Death Valley during football games, but more importantly the friends you make along this journey. No other time in our lives will we have such great opportunities to make great memories and meet people from so many walks of life. After Clemson, I will look back at the great times I had.

If you could study abroad anywhere, where would you go?
would love to go to Vienna, Austria. Especially because there is a program in place for Chemical Engineers to study there. The city is so rich in both culture and history that it would be amazing to experience.

Something that most people don’t know about you?
I’ve already spoiled it by telling my hometown, but I was born in Japan and have some Japanese lineage from my grandparents on my fathers side. I also love to dance and always willing to try new styles!

Campus Involvement:
I’m the Social Chair of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. Vice President of Clemson Salsa Club. Secretary of the Interested Gentleman of Lambda Theta Phi. Member of Latinos Unidos and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.

Former Clemson Student Affairs Graduate Student and Clemson House Graduate Community Director. San Juan bred, Atlanta raised me.