Getting to Know Wesley Brown in Tiger Town!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

This 21-year old from Charleston, SC is one of the most popular guys on Clemson’s campus. When he’s not lifting in Fike, he’s pulling all-nighters in Cooper or being the life of the party downtown. Having been lucky enough to be friends with Wesley Brown for over a decade, it was my pleasure to interview him for Her Campus Clemson!

Her Campus Clemson: Why did you choose Clemson?
Wesley: It’s Clemson. Big, beautiful campus. College town feel. Football. Strong academic merit. Even though it’s in the middle of nowhere, it never felt like that. Oh, and football.

What’s your favorite part about Clemson?
I love walking around town and seeing people I know. So many people go here, but we have a small campus feel. Oh, and football.

What have you been involved in at Clemson so far?
Since freshman year, I’ve done a lot of “selling the school” gigs. I’ve worked as a summer orientation ambassador and served in both CUSG senate and cabinet and even did some work with the Residence Hall Association. I volunteer around Clemson when I can.

You’re from Charleston, tell us a little about what you like to do when you’re home.
I love the beach. I love downtown Charleston. I love Mt. Pleasant…except the traffic, but you can’t have everything! My favorite thing to do while home is play volleyball on Folly during the day and no night in Charleston is complete without a slice of Toll House pie from Kaminsky’s. When the weather gets cold (50º in Charleston is considered freezing), a lot of us have oyster roasts and bonfires.

What is something that most people wouldn’t know about you?
I watch the lowest of the low when it comes to quality television. Ask any of my friends, and they’ll tell you that all I watch is 30 Rock and Breaking Bad but I’ve actually probably spent more time “keeping up” with a certain family than any person on this planet should ever admit.

Where is your favorite spot to tailgate before a home Clemson football game?
I’m usually at my friends’ family’s tailgate right in front of the stadium. Best location to tailgate.

What’s your favorite bar in Clemson?
Tough question. You see, Flip Flops had everything you need for a good Friday night, and routinely they would host a hip hop act that you haven’t thought about since 8th grade. But you can’t always live in the past, so I have to say now my favorite is Wingin’ It. By the way, Crime Mob’s management has yet to respond to any of my emails. Just throwing that out there.

What is your favorite…
TV show: 30 Rock
Movie: O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Cookout Shake Combination: This hot body doesn’t eat Cookout (peanut butter and banana)
Musician: People Under The Stairs
Twitter Account: Anyone who doesn’t retweet fake Will Ferrell or Wiz Khalifa and his emotional nonsense. Come on guys, they wouldn’t even say that stuff. Do better.

Do you have any advice for underclassmen?
Get to know everyone around you. I know too many friends who missed out on talking to that Taylor Swift doppelganger who sits in the front of class or that guy who lives a floor above then complain when that person isn’t single a few weeks later because someone is afraid to speak up. And we all know that person who complains about doing the same thing every weekend, so avoid become that guy and find another crowd. You’ll outgrow the teenager you were when you came here. On the other hand, as seniors everyone is very career focused and stressed out all the time. Get to know your true friends and the people you won’t get to spend a lot of time with as everyone starts making plans to graduate and move. No one likes living in a dorm, but once you’re more than an elevator or text message away from people, it’s not until then when you’ll know how to appreciate living on top of each other. SPOILER ALERT: You will meet your future best friends in the dining hall.

Tell us one thing you would change about Clemson:
ABOLISH PARKING SERVICES.

What would we find you doing on an average Thursday night?
If I’m not pulling a late night in Cooper, then I’ll see you at Monterrey, ladies.

Senior at Clemson University from Charleston, SC, graduating in May with a BS in Animal and Veterinary Sciences and attending Auburn University Vet School in the fall! I love Clemson, my sorority, my family and friends, and last but definitely not least, food.
Paige is a senior at Clemson University majoring in communication studies and minoring in business and technical writing. Hailing from Northern Virginia, she is the campus correspondent and founder of Her Campus Clemson, as well as VP of membership programming for her sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, and a contributing writer for The Tiger. She loves writing and photography, and after studying abroad in France this summer, she hopes to someday be a photographer and writer for a travel magazine. She has a strong passion (obsession) for social media, and when she's not tweeting or Facebook stalking, you can find her watching Criminal Minds and Glee, inhaling Chipotle burritos, jamming out to swing music, or shopping for new gameday outfits. GO TIGERS!