Campus Celebrity: Bessie Mae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
If you haven’t already heard, residence hall Manning has a new resident, Bessie Mae, otherwise known by many as manningmae on instagram. She is the new fur baby to first time pup parent Andrew Edmunds, the Community Director for Manning and Mauldin. She is a dachshund/terrier mix. If you happen to pass through or live in the horseshoe you’ll probably see Mae taking a walk or playing in the grass.

How do you feel about getting so much attention from the Clemson community since you moved into Manning?

I really love the women in my building, and they seem to really like me. The attention is a little exhausting at times, but it’s not easy to be young and beautiful. I’ve never met Taylor Swift but I imagine that we have a lot in common: we’re both loved by young women, we’re both cute, and we both achieved fame at an early age.

What is your favorite thing to do with Andrew?

Our favorite thing to do is cuddle and watch Friends. I’m a Phoebe at heart, even though most people have me pegged for a Rachel. I truly appreciate the artistry of Phoebe’s music, and every time she sings I stand still in awe of her talent.

What’s your favorite place on campus thus far, and why?

I haven’t ventured very far outside of Manning because I still find campus a scary and intimidating place. My favorite thing do to is meet up with my neighbor Sadie [Lever’s resident dog]. She’s been around a little longer than me so she is showing me the ropes. It’s good to have canine friends when you’re moving to a new home, and I’m excited to meet the rest of the Clemson canine gang.

Do you have any Clemson gear yet?

I thought I was a dog, so I’m still a little confused as to why people keep calling me a tiger. My daddy has a “tiger rag” already picked out for me to wear during tailgates in the fall (still not really sure what that is about, but I love chasing my own tail so it should be fun).

All photo credits to Andrew Edmunds

Former Clemson Student Affairs Graduate Student and Clemson House Graduate Community Director. San Juan bred, Atlanta raised me.