8 Best Parts of Being Home for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

8 Best parts of being home for the summer

Clemson is an incredible place to be, and I wouldn’t want to spend my college years anywhere else. BUT, there are some things that just cannot measure up to being home, especially for the summer. There are some things we don’t even realize we miss until we are home and get to experience them for the first time in months. Here they are:

1.     Functional Wifi

GoodBYE Eduroam and HELLO wifi that actually functions when you need it to!

2.     Showering without shoes

Can we say Amen? My feet have never felt so clean.

3.     Real Food

This is so obvious. What’s not to love about not having to eat dining hall food for 3 months? Home cooked meals are always the best.

4.     Not having to buy your own groceries

Goodbye grocery bill! Coming home to a full pantry that you didn’t have to buy yourself is amazing. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)

5.     Driving yourself

Personally, being without my own car has been driving me crazy! (No pun intended) While I have amazing friends who can give me rides at Clemson, nothing beats cranking your own music and hitting the road!

6.     Your own bed

Being able to sleep in a bed that hasn’t been slept on by who knows how many people, and feels just right…that’s what going home is about.

7.     Friends from home

Excluding 2 days over Spring Break, I had not seen my two best friends since Winter Break. Being reunited with the friends that I have grown up with and love dearly is the best feeling. Hanging out in person is a million times better than texts and snapchats, I can’t wait for our summer adventures!

8.     Long summer nights of relaxing

Whatever it is, summer has a different vibe. There are less responsibilities and later nights by the pool or having friends and family get-togethers. It’s a chance to relax and not worry about schoolwork!

Everyone deserves a break! So soak up some sunshine and enjoy a relaxing summer at home, you won’t realize you’ll miss it until it’s already over!

I am a Psychology major. I was Maryland born and raised. I love soccer, the beach, and making Her Campus part of my Clemson story!
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!