Surviving the Worcester Winter: 5 Activities to Get You Out of the Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

With cold weather already here and even colder temps on the way, it can be easy to keep yourself cooped up on campus all semester. Not only is laying around in bed all day not good for your health, it’s also just plain boring. Here are a few things you can do to keep yourself occupied during this long-dreaded winter.

Wachusett Mountain

Spend a weekend skiing with friends! Wachusett is less than an hour from Clark so pack up a car and get ready for a day of fun. They also offer discount rates for groups of college students, so grab a group of friends and hit the slopes!

(source)

Worcester Art Museum

Less than 10 minutes from Clark and just a quick bus ride away, the Worcester Art Museum is the best way to spend a snowy day indoors. You’ll find yourself lost in all the art and paintings they have on display – they even have a Rembrandt piece! Show your Clark ID and get a discount on admission.

(source)

Go Local

There is no place more cozy or welcoming than the Crompton building down by Kelly Square. Shop around Crompton Collective and Seed to Stem for some antique goodies and succulents, then hit Birchtree Bread Company on your way out for a delicious lunch.

(source)

Snowtubing

Head over to the Ski Ward in Shrewsbury for a day of sledding. They even offer snowtubing for as little as $18 on weekends.

(source)

Take a trip to Boston

Take advantage of the Boston Bus that Clark has to offer and spend a chilly day in Boston! Go with a friend or go alone to get to know the city. Stroll down Newbury street and take a break in a warm café to drink some hot chocolate.

(source)

What will you do to get off campus this winter, Collegiettes?

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!