Our Fashion Favorites from This Year’s Grammy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This year’s Grammy’s was definitely one for the books. To celebrate music’s biggest night, the awards show returned to New York City’s Madison Square Garden for its 60th anniversary. Bruno Mars went home with six new shiny Grammy’s, Jay-Z went home with none, and Miley Cyrus and Elton John came together for an incredible duet performance of Tiny Dancer. Although the Grammy’s is meant to be a celebration of music, like many awards shows it has become a fashion runway of some sort. Here are our favorite outfits from last night’s show. 

Lana Del Rey waltzed down the red carpet looking ethereal in custom Gucci. Who else could pull off a halo?

A pregnant and glowing Chrissy Teigen dazzled the red carpet crowd in a Yanina Couture dress, alongside husband John Legend, styled in a Burberry suit.

Taking a cue from last season’s runways, Kesha rocked a vintage Western-inspired Nudie Cohn suit and a silk blouse.

Rita Ora stunned in a black Ralph & Russo gown, paired with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

We especially loved Ashanti’s #FreetheNipple statement in this semi-sheer gown made by Yas Couture by Elie Madi. 

As a follow up to the all-black attire dress code at the Golden Globes, Grammy nominees wore white roses symbolizing hope, peace, sympathy, and resistance as a tribute to the Time’s Up movement. To us, this is the greatest, and most powerful “fashion statement” of all the outfits we saw last night.

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!