Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Value Snacks and Drinks at The Bistro and Jazzman’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

With the last week of classes fast approaching and finals right around the corner, it’s fair to say that most people’s motivation and time to cook or prepare meals will go way down. This most likely means more trips to the quick service food spots on campus: Jazzman’s and The Bistro. To make the most of what remains on your dining dollars or Cash Card balance, here are a few tips on how to get the best value snacks and drinks that will keep you going in the coming weeks!

1. Hot Tea at Jazzman’s

This one is arguably the best deal on the Jazzman’s menu. Each size tea is the same price because all you’re paying for is the tea bag, which means you can get a large for the exact same price as a small! Sometimes the Jazzman’s workers will tell you this when you order, but it’s good to know just in case they don’t. Hot tea will definitely be a staple for all of those finals week coughs and colds that start appearing right around this time!

2. Chicken Quesadilla at The Bistro

If you’ve never gotten a chicken quesadilla at The Bistro, you have to! You’ll have to use dining dollars or Cash Card to add the chicken if you’re swapping, but it is so worth it. The quesadilla comes in four giant triangles and is more than enough food for a substantial lunch or dinner. Even though the chicken costs extra, it will provide you with some good protein to keep you focused on your work and it will fill you up for a long night of studying. This meal is one of the best that The Bistro has to offer in terms of getting the most bang for your buck!

3. Ask for “Light Ice” at Jazzman’s

With the weather getting warmer recently, iced drinks are becoming a staple in the hands of most Clarkies. Whether you choose to go for an iced chai, iced coffee or iced blueberry green tea from Jazzman’s make sure to ask for “light ice.” This will make sure you get the most of your actual drink rather than a cup of ice with a splash of iced tea. It will also ensure that your beverage won’t get watered down as much as it would otherwise!

4. Resist the Brand Name Snacks at The Bistro

The Bistro has been debuting many more brand name snacks recently, and they are always so tempting when you need a quick snack on the go. However, if you look closely at the prices you’ll realize they are significantly marked up. The packages of Tate’s cookies look so delicious but you can get the same exact size bag at Big-Y for a few dollars less. (Same thing with the hummus snacks!) Try not to give in to the convenience unless you have extra dining dollars to use up!

What are your favorite best value snacks and drinks, collegiettes?

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!